Eight key drivers of Commercial Excellence
The approach to achieving sales excellence begins with a thorough assessment of performance across eight specific areas that are critical for driving top line company growth:
- Go-to-market: How do we access customers in the best way and ensure that we are in the right markets?
- Market mapping and product offering: Do we understand the market segments and the relevant product offering?
- Sales tools: Can we explain the value of our products/services and how they create value for our customers?
- Sales Excellence: How do we improve sales efficiency across the organisation and ensure appropriate allocation of our sales resources?
- Customer satisfaction: How do we ensure customer retention?
- Pricing excellence: What is the right pricing strategy for a business and what are the tools and techniques needed to set the right price?
- Reporting and processes: How do we set sales focused KPIs that acknowledge behaviours?
- HR leadership and motivation: How do we embed the right structures and competencies?
Having identified areas for improvement, the Commercial Excellence team works to support portfolio companies, often bringing in “black belt” trainers to support the implementation of best practice.