To continue our record of developing some of the world’s most successful, market-leading businesses; to be the partner of choice for business owners and management teams that are motivated to achieve their full potential; to be a gold standard employer that attracts the best talent; and, to be a positive contributor to society at large. That is our vision.
€9.0bn + €1.2bn
currently investing via Fund XI and Evolution Fund
invested in 140 companies since inception
in Assets Under Management
of value created is driven by sales growth
annual average sales growth in portfolio companies since inception
annual average EBITDA growth in portfolio companies since inception
organic employment growth in current portfolio companies
time winner of PEI Operational Excellence Award
Applying a high level of selectivity
Having a deep understanding of focus sectors
Utilising strong operational capabilities
Proactively supporting portfolio businesses
Avoiding a reliance on external factors or the wider economy
Analysis & tenacity
companies in current portfolio
material acquisitions made by portfolio companies
of all portfolio companies since inception co-owned together with previous owners
of revenues generated by current portfolio companies
people employed in portfolio companies
years old, founded in 1989
female professionals (2022)
professionals trained in ESG at Nordic Capital and its portfolio companies
Private Equity International PE Awards
Exit of the Year in EMEA, Fundraise of the Year in EMEA, Firm of the Year in the Nordics
Real Deals PE Awards
Pan-European House of the Year, UK Upper Mid-Cap Deal of the Year, ESG GP (Large Cap)
Private Equity International
40 Future Leaders of Private Equity: Fundraiser
Future 40: ESG Innovator
Nordic Capital XI
Nordic Capital Evolution
Nordic Capital X
Nordic Capital IX
Nordic Capital CV1
Nordic Capital VIII
Nordic Capital VII
€ 4,300 mn
Nordic Capital VI
€ 1,500 mn
Nordic Capital V
€ 1,500 mn
Nordic Capital IV
€ 760 mn
Nordic Capital III
€ 350 mn
Nordic Capital II
€ 110 mn
Nordic Capital I
€ 55 mn
The Early Years - Development of a Swedish Buyout Market
- 1989: Robert Andreen and Morgan Olsson co-found Nordic Capital.
- 1990: Skandia Life Insurance and Svenska Handelsbanken establish a joint venture and commit to support Nordic Capital Fund I with EUR 55 mn.
- 1993: Nordic Capital Fund II closes with commitments of EUR 110 mn from five Sweden-based investors.
- Nordic Capital plays an active role in the creation of the buyout market in Sweden.
International Investors - Expanding in the Nordic region
- 1998: Nordic Capital Fund III closes at EUR 350 mn and starts to invest outside Sweden.
- Nordic Capital Advisors, investment advisor to the Nordic Capital Funds, is established.
- 2000: Nordic Capital Fund IV closes at EUR 760 mn, with a mandate to invest in all Nordic countries and several industry sectors.
- Copenhagen office opens.
- 2003: Nordic Capital Fund V closes at EUR 1.5 bn.
- 2006: Nordic Capital Fund VI closes at EUR 1.9 bn.
International expansion and leadership transition - Continuing the Nordic Capital way
- 2008: Nordic Capital Fund VII closes at EUR 4.3 bn.
- Nordic Capital Advisors opens offices in Oslo, Helsinki, Frankfurt and London.
- In 2010, Joakim Karlsson and Kristoffer Melinder are appointed as co-Managing Partners for NC Advisory.
- 2013: Nordic Capital Fund VIII closes at EUR 3.5 bn.
- Kristoffer Melinder becomes sole Managing Partner of the Firm.
- Nordic Capital establishes dedicated Operations Team to drive portfolio performance and growth and adopt its Responsible Investment Policy and launches an ESG training programme.
Deep sector knowledge, financial firepower and ongoing commitment to sustainability - Driving transformative growth
- 2018: Fund IX closes at EUR 4.3 bn, with redefined sector strategy.
- 2018: CV1 a milestone EUR 2.5 bn continuation vehicle for Fund VII closes, giving portfolio companies greater value creation potential.
- Nordic Capital Advisors expands into the US with new office in New York.
- 2020: Fund X, significantly exceeds target, closing at EUR 6.1 bn after a record-breaking fundraise.
- 2021: First mid-market Evolution Fund launched, closing at EUR 1.2 bn after just three months.
- First credit facility linked to ESG targets is launched.
- Nordic Capital receives highest score from the UNPRI for ESG work and joins the global ILPA ESG Data Convergence Project.
- 2022: Fund XI closes at EUR 9 bn, the largest fund raised in the firm’s history, over 45% larger than its predecessor.